At the time of registration, your health care professional will inform you of your rights, and a copy of the client rights will be provided to you. This will be documented in your health record, along with any discussion of concern surrounding your rights.
All clients of SOAHAC have the following rights:
- To receive health care in a culturally and physically safe and secure environment.
- To select the healing path of your choice and be part of decision making in your wellness plan,
- To be given information about the risks and benefits of participating in any of SOAHAC’s services.
- To have personal information remain private and only shared with your permission and consent, unless disclosure is required by law (for example where there are concerns about real or possible harm to another person or yourself).
- To expect that your service providers will provide culturally safe services while following best practices.
- To be treated in a manner that respects your dignity and promotes your autonomy.
- To be treated in a manner that recognizes your individuality, and that is sensitive to and responds to your needs and preferences.
- To know about and use the programs and services that your are eligible for.
- To consent or refuse services that are recommended, unless there is a concern that your ability to make decisions is impaired and this decision could result in harm to yourself or others.
- To express your concerns and be informed of how to use the agency complaints process.
The Integrated Care Manager(s) are responsible for ensuring that the client rights are respected throughout the organization. Please contact the Integrated Care Manager at your location if you have any issues or concerns.
London – Bonnie Smith 519-672-4079
Chippewa – Christi-Ann Poulette 519-289-0352
Owen Sound – Dominique Michelle Legacy 519-376-5508
Windsor – Interim Manager, Vallee Trudeau 519-916-1755
Waterloo Wellington – Charisse Sayer, 226-476-3672