The SASH team works with urban and on-reserve First Nations, Metis and Inuit Seniors aged 55 and over. Our goal is to improve your access to culturally appropriate primary health care services and to help you manage or prevent chronic conditions. The SASH team will help you live safely in your home for as long as possible:
- Nurse Practitioner (NP) (London and Chippewa) – will provide primary care services in the clinic or in the home setting. An NP promotes good health and helps you maintain a healthy lifestyle by performing physical check-ups, providing education and information, diagnosing and treating illnesses and injuries, and more.
- Aboriginal Patient Navigator – will help clients find their way through the complex hospital care system by identifying barriers to care, helping you understand and complete forms, and linking you with other services like follow-up appointments or Traditional Aboriginal Healers.
- Senior’s Health Advocate (London and Owen Sound) or Traditional Healing Coordinator (Owen Sound)
- In the London area, the Senior’s Health Advocate will advocate on your behalf to make sure appropriate contemporary and Traditional health care services are in place. They will help you to access community and social services, and to develop a health care plan for yourself.
- Similarly, in Owen Sound, the Traditional Healing Coordinator will ensure you have access to culturally safe care and increased familiarity with cultural and Traditional knowledge and Indigenous perspectives.
Call your preferred location to book an appointment or to discuss your needs.