Our thoughts and hearts are with those of the Tk’emlups te Secwepemc First Nation in Kamloops, BC.
We are mindful that this news is extremely upsetting and unsettling and are wanting to support our communities.
Please reach out to our SOAHAC mental health teams if you are wanting to talk or needing support.
There are other resources available across the country to support anyone who was directly or indirectly affected by residential schools, 60’s scoop, or day schools.
Please take care of yourselves and those around you!
- Indian Residential Schools Resolution Health Support Program 24/7 support to anyone who was directly or indirectly affected by residential schools, 60’s scoop, or the day schools 1-866-925-4419
- Talk 4 Healing – culturally grounded, fully confidential helpline for Indigenous women available in 14 languages all across Ontario 1-855-554-HEAL
- Hope for Wellness – immediate help to all Indigenous peoples across Canada 24/7 1-855-242-3310 or online chat at hopeforwellness.ca
- CMHA Crisis Response Line (London-Middlesex): 519-433-2023 Toll-Free: 1-866-933-2023
- CMHA Crisis Response Line (Grey-Bruce): 1-877-470-5200
- CMHA Crisis Response Line (Windsor-Essex): 519-973-4435
- CMHA Crisis Response Line (Waterloo-Wellington): 1-844-437-3247